Gnadenflur

Alternate Names
Florskaya,
Florskoye,
Gnadenflur,
Pervomaiskoye,
Pervomayskoye
Gallery
Church

The Lutheran parish in Gnadenflur was established on 5 October 1861. It was the headquarters parish, and thus the pastor's residence, for neighboring parishes.

Type of Settlement
History

Gnadenflur was founded in 1850 as a Lutheran colony on the left bank of the Bolshoye Karaman River 150 kilometers east of Engels and 15 kilometers north of Fedorovka.
During the 1921 Famine , 15-20% of the population of Gnadenflur perished.
Following the 28 August 1941 Decree , the inhabitants of Gnadenflur were deported on 8 September 1941 to the village of Shmakov, Zalesovsky District, in the Altai Region.

Population
Population Table
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1857
68
 
228
 
1859
 
478
 
 
1883
 
552
 
 
1889
 
609
 
 
1897
 
647*
339
308
1904
 
929
 
 
1910
 
1,046
 
 
1920
175
1,199
 
 
1922
 
981
 
 
1923
 
927
 
 
1926**
216
1,001
487
514
1931
 
1,807***
 
 
1939
 
2,479
 
 

*Of whom 642 were German.
**Of whom 986 were German living in 207 households (475 male & 511 female).
***Of whom 1,770 were German.

Sources

Amburger, Erik. Die Pastoren der evangelischen Kirchen Rußlands (Lüneburg, Germany: Institut Nordostdeutsches Kulturwerk, 1998): 143.

Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon . Moscow, 2006.

Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
 

Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
Russian Settlements in the Years 1917-1941 [in Russian] (wolgadeutsche.net)

Schnurr, Joseph, Die Kirchen und das Religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen - Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland, 1972): 197.

"Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.