Erlenbach

Alternate Names
Basel-Mius-Khutor; Baseler; Chkalovo; Erlenbach; Schmidt
Gallery
Church

Erlenbach was a Lutheran colony and belonged to the parish headquartered in Gnadenflur .

Type of Settlement
History

Erlenbach was founded in 1840 by colonists from Basel (the Sander family), Meinhard , and Philippsfeld.  Erlenbach was located 29 kilometers northeast of Fedorovka on the right bank of the Mius River.

Population
Population Table
Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1889
 
275
 
 
1897
 
428
 
 
1910
 
465
 
 
1920
88***
720
 
 
1922
 
883
 
 
1923
 
844
 
 
1926*
103
710
343
367
1931
 
916**
 
 

*Of whom 701 were German (100 households: 337 male & 364 female).
**Of whom 910 were German.
***Of whom 85 households were German.

Sources

Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon . Moscow, 2006.
 

Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.