Johann Conrad Reifschneider (son of Heinrich Reifschneider) and Anna Maria Engel (daughter of Johann Jacob Engel) married in Kefenrod on 17 Nov 1751. According to the Decker book, Johann Conrad was born on 28 Aug 1732, and Anna Maria was born on 23 Mar 1732. The baptisms of six children (all born in Kefenrod) are recorded in Hitzkirchen: Johann Jacob, 3 Sep 1752; Juliana, 9 Oct 1754; Maria Elisabeth, 30 Oct 1757; Johannes, 13 Apr 1759; Johann Heinrich, 22 Sep 1761, and Johann Conrad, 14 Jun 1763. The couple and their children Juliana and Johannes arrived in Russia on 29 Aug 1766. It appears that only Johannes survived the journey to the villages. He is reported on the Norka First Settler’s List as an orphan in the household of Johann Heinrich Weber (Family #26). The Weber family also came from Kefenrod and Weber’s wife was a Reifschneider. Additional research will be necessary to determine the relationship between the two families. Johannes moved to Kukkus and is reported there in Family #12 on the 1798 Census.
- Family Search Indexes of Film #1201792 (Hitzkirchen, Kefenrod, and Burg-Bracht)
- Decker, Klaus-Peter. Die Auswanderung von 1766/67 aus der Grafschaft Ysenburg-Büdingen nach Russland, p. 165.
- Reifschneider Surname Chart.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): p. 241
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institute, 2005): p. 235.