Johann Heinrich Raab, son of Luther [per Bonner] Anton [per Decker] Raab & Anna Elisabeth Reichard, was baptized in Düdelsheim on 29 May 1735. He married in Büdingen on 14 April 1766 to Magdalena Reibert from Mochstadt.
They immigrated to Russia, arriving in the Volga German colony of Balzer on 18 July 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 49.
The Raab and Ochsenhirt ( Messer ) families are first cousins, as their mothers (née Reichard) are sisters.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 25.
- Düdelsheim Parish Records (LDS Film No. 1201789).
- Decker, Klaus-Peter, Büdingen als Sammelplatz der Auswanderung an die Wolga 1766 (Büdingen: Geschichtswerkstatt Büdingen, 2009): 85.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 69.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 85.