Johann Casper Habermann, son of Johann Philipp Habermann, was born 16 Jul 1719 in Hüttengesas, west of Gelnhausen. This area was part of the former county of Isenburg. He married Barbara (maidenname unknown). Among their children are: Johann Ernst baptized 20 December 1757 in Hüttengesas.
The Habermann family immigrated to Russia, arriving from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766. Johann Casper died in route to Russia. The remaining family members settled in the Volga German colony of Balzer on 1 July 1767 where they are recorded on the 1767 Census in Household No. 86.
Descendants of this family are still living in Balzer on the 1798 Census in Households No. Bz003, Bz072, Bz080, & Bz095.
- Bonner, Wayne. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 11, 12, 36, & 63.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).
- Parish records of Hüttengesas.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 1999): 74 & 98.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 203.