Johann Adam Baitz, son of Andreas Baitz, married Christina Barbara Berg, daughter of Philipp Simon Berg & Anna Margaretha Dönges, on 19 August 1757 in the Evangelical Church of Georgenhausen, southwest of Darmstadt. Christina Barbara had been born on 29 May 1730, and baptized on 30 May 1730 in the Evangelical Church of nearby Spachbrücken. On 12 May 1763, they had a daughter who was named Maria Barbara; she was baptized on 15 May 1763 in Georgenhausen.
Johann Adam Baitz and his family emigrated to Russia, departing in Lübeck on a Russian ship under the command of lieutenant Samuel Gibbs. They arrived at the port in Oranienbaum, Russia, on 31 July 1766.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Holstein on 7 July 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 39.
By the time of 1798 Holstein Census, the family is recorded in Household No. Ho33.
Descendants of this family generally use the spelling of Beitz.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).
- Kirschnick, Ulrich. Ortsfamilienbuch Dilshofen ( online ).
- Kirschnick, Ulrich. Ortsfamilienbuch Georgenhausen ( online ).
- Kirschnick, Ulrich. Ortsfamilienbuch Spachbrücken ( online ).
- Parish records of Spachbrücken (LDS Film No. 1190550).
- Parish records of Georgenhausen (LDS Film No. 1190558).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 135.