First German Baptist Church

Gallery

Original Location

NE Stanton & Rodney
Portland, Oregon

Second Location

SW 4th & Mill
Portland, Oregon

Current Location

Now: Trinity Fellowship
2700 SE 67th Ave.
Portland, OR 97205
503.231.0981

History

This church was organized in 1891 with members meeting in private homes.  This congregation had a large number of Volga German families involved in its early ministry in the Albina Neighborhood.  The first church structure was built in 1896 at the corner of NE Stanton and Rodney Avenue.

The second church was built in 1911 at SW 4th and Mill and the name was changed to Trinity Baptist Church.

The third church building was built at 2700 SE 67th Ave. in 1954.  The congregation was affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference.  On 6 October 2002, Trinity Baptist merged with Community Bible Fellowship to become Trinity Fellowship.  The new congregation uses the facilities of the former Trinity Baptist.

Pastors

Christopher J. Stuart

 

 

Sources

Volga Germans in Portland (Steve Schreiber)