The Reverend Conrad J. Wagner was born in Frank on 4 October 1868. He came to McCook, Nebraska, in 1899 with his wife Anna (Kissler) Wagner whom he had married in 1898. He entered the Chicago Theological seminary, graduated in 1906, and was ordained that same year. He held pastorates in South Dakota for a number of years before moving to Walla Walla, Washington where he built a church and parsonage during his ministry there (1908-1916). He later accepted a call from Endicott, Washington, where he served from 1916-1923 and built another church. Pastor Wagner then moved to Portland where he became the first pastor of the Congregational Evangelical Brethren Church. He served there until his death on 11 November 1934.