Pastor Schwabenland served the following congregations:
- Ebenezer German Congregational Church, Portland, Oregon (1900-1901)
- Pilgrim and Hoffnungsberg Congregational Churches, Odessa, Washington
- Congregational Church, Beaverton, Oregon (1905-1907)
- Ralston & Warden, Washington
- Dinuba, California
- Lodi, California
- Biola, California
- American Falls, Idaho
- Windsor, Colorado
- Berthoud, Colorado
- Pilgrim Congregational Church, Odessa, Washington (1933-1939)
In 1939, he and his wife retired to Portland, Oregon. Dorothy died on 2 December 1956, and he moved to California to be nearer his children. He died there on 12 September 1959, and is buried in the Rose City Cemetery in Portland.
Pastor Schwabenland is the father of Emma Schwabenland Haynes.