Baum, Beerenfeld, Jagodna Poljana, Jagodnaja Poljana, Yagodnaya Polyana
51º58' N 45º36' E
Yagodnaya Polyana was founded on 16 September 1767 by the Government as a Lutheran colony.
The Lutheran parish in Yagodnaya Polyana was founded in 1785 as an independent parish with a resident pastor of its own.
A new church was built in 1858 in the Kontor Style. It could seat 1,200 worshipers.
The congregation in Yagodnaya Polyana was served by the following pastors:
1804-1820 Karl Heinrich RambachYagodnaya Polyana was also served by the following vicar:
1820-1821 Martin Gottfried Hermann
1824-1826 Johann Michael Allendorf
1827-1832 Christian Gottlieb Flittner
1833-1835 Ernst Theodor Hellmann
1836-1840 Ernst Wilhelm David
1841-1849 Olivier Christoph Holm
1850-1864 Christian Gottlieb Hegele
1864-1873 Christian David Dsirne
1874-1881 Eugen Friedrich Benjamin Kahn
1882-1906 Julius August Schilling
1906-1908 Felix Coulin
1909-1912 Arthur Woitkus
1912-1917 Rudolf Wold. Dalton
1919-1924 Wilhelm Feldbach
1929-1934 Arthur Pfeiffer
1896-1897 Albert Lesta
- Amburger, Erik. Die Pastoren der evangelischen Kirchen Rußlands (Lüneburg, Germany: Institut Nordostdeutsches Kulturwerk, 1998): 137-138.
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 350.
- Orlov, Gregorii. Report of Conditions of Settlements on the Volga to Catherine II, 14 February 1769.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das Religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen - Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland, 1972): 193.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 19.
Censuses for Yagodnaya Polyana are available for the following years: 1767, 1798, & 1834.
- Berry Meadow Archive (Richard Scheuerman)
- Eichelsdorfer Auswanderer an der Wolga (in German)
- Yagodnaya Polyana Site (Kris Ball)
- Photos of Yagodnaya Polyana (2005) (Cindy)
Last updated 16 Mar 2015.