Grechikhino, Grechinnaya Luka, Grechishinaya Luka, Gretschinaja Luka, Walter
51º07' N 44º48' E
Walter was founded on 25 August 1767 by the Government as a Lutheran colony.
In the early years, Walter was part of the Frank parish. A new Lutheran church was dedicated in Walter in 1902.
**Of which 284 households were German.
***Of whom 2,136 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Orlov, Gregorii. Report of Conditions of Settlements on the Volga to Catherine II, 14 February 1769.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 623.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 295-319.
- Pleve, Igor R. The German Colonies on the Volga: The Second Half of the Eighteenth Century, translated by Richard Rye (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2001): 318.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 18.
- Walter, Russia (Teresa Sardina)
- Video of church ruins, July 2010 (Tanja Schell)
- 2nd Video of church ruins (STforum)
- Video of Medveditsa River near Walter (STforum)
Last updated 31 May 2013.