Lugovaya Grasnukha, Lugovaya Gryaznukha, Lugovskoye, Lugowaja Gräsnucha, Schultz, Schulz
51º33' N 46º32' E
Schulz was founded as a Lutheran colony on 8 September 1766 by the Government. By a decree dated 26 February 1768, the colony was given the Russian name of Lugovaya Gryaznukha.
Originally the congregation in Schulz was part of the Rosenheim parish which had been established in 1767.
The congregation in Schulz was served by the following pastors:
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 353.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Klaus, A. Our Colony [in Russian] (St. Petersburg, 1869): 2:14 & 4:56-57.
- List of Populated Areas of the Samara Province [in Russian] (Samara, 1910): 325.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 612.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 11, 119-126.
- Pleve, Igor R. The German Colonies on the Volga: The Second Half of the Eighteenth Century, translated by Richard Rye (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2001): 318.
- Preliminary Results of the All-Union Census of 1926 and ASSR Volga Germans (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Report of Conditions of Settlements on the Volga to Catherine II by Count Orlov, 14 February 1769.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
Schulz (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 24 May 2013.