Kustarevo-Krasnorynovka, Kustarewo-Krasnoyarowka, Neu-Colonie, Neu-Kolonie
50º44' N 45º46' E
Neu-Kolonie was founded in 1776 by colonists from Keller and Leitsinger, colonies that were abandoned following their destruction by the Kirghiz in October of 1774. Most of the colonists were Roman Catholic.
Coming soon . . .
The parish in Neu-Kolonie was served by the following priests:
**Of whom 1,901 were German (396 households: 901 male & 1,000 female).
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 351.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Mai, Brent Alan, 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999), v.1: 166.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
Neu-Kolonie (Dick Kraus)
Last updated 19 July 2014.