Näb, Naeb, Resanovka, Rezanovka, Rezanowka, Rjäsanowka, Räsanowka
51º47' N 46º58' E
Näb was founded as a Lutheran colony on 13 July 1767 by Baron Caneau de Beauregard.
There was a Lutheran Church in Näb. A new organ was purchased for it in 1841. A new church building was constructed in 1873.
Beginning in 1820, Näb served as the parish seat (where the pastor lived) for several neighboring colonies: Meinhard, Susannental, Kind, Brockhausen, Hockerberg, and Orlovskaya.
The parish in Näb was served by the following pastors:
**Of which 367 households were German.
***Of whom 1,617 (770 male & 847 female) were German living in 305 households.
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 351.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists. Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies (Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869): 2:13; 4:52-53.
- List of the Populated Places of the Samara Province (Samara, Russia, 1910): 292.
- Mittheilungen und Nachrichten fuer die evangelische Geistlichkeit Russlands: 1841, p. 295.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 613.
- Preliminary Totals of the All-Union Population Census of 1926 for the Volga German ASSR (Pokrovsk, Russia, 1927): 28-83.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen – Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: AER Verlag Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, 1978): 196.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.
Näb (Wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 23 April 2013.