Meinhard, Meinhardt, Podlesnoye, Unterwalden
51º26' N 47º33' E
Meinhard was founded as a Lutheran colony on 12 June 1767 by Baron Caneau de Beauregard.
Meinhard was originally part of the parish headquartered in Bettinger. In 1820, the parishes were realligned, and Meinhard became part of the parish lead by the pastor living in Näb.
A wooden church building was constructed in 1831 that was still in use in 1909. At that time, it could seat 1,050 worshipers.
**Of which 383 households were German.
***Of whom 2,699 were German.
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 351.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists. Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies (Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869): 2:13; 4:52-53.
- List of the Populated Places of the Samara Province (Samara, Russia, 1910): 292.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 613.
- Preliminary Totals of the All-Union Population Census of 1926 for the Volga German ASSR (Pokrovsk, Russia, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.
- Censuses: 1798, 1857
- Unterwalden (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 5 April 2013.