Kukkus, Neubrabant, Neu-Brabant, Privolzhskoye, Volskaya, Volskoye, Wolskoje
51º05' N 45º47' E
Kukkus was founded on 26 June 1767 as a Lutheran colony by LeRoy & Pictet.
The congregation in Kukkus was served by the following pastors:
**Of which 382 households were German.
***Of whom 2,684 were German (470 households: 1,284 male & 1,400 female).
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 351.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Orlov, Gregorii. Report of Conditions of Settlements on the Volga to Catherine II, 14 February 1769.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen – Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: AER Verlag Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, 1978): 197.
- Censuses - 1767, 1798, 1834, 1850, 1857
Kukkus Families Database (Rick Felsing)
Last updated 31 May 2013.