Keller, Krasnorynovka, Krasnorynowka
50º49' N 46º08' E
Keller was founded on 12 May 1767 as a Roman Catholic colony by LeRoy & Pictet. It was destroyed by the Kirghiz in 1774 and those colonists who survived resettled to other colonies.
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 350.
- Orlov, Gregorii. Report of Conditions of Settlements on the Volga to Catherine II, 14 February 1769.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 609.
Last updated 21 April 2014.