Alexandrovskaya, Brockhausen, Hummel
51º46' N 46º56' E
Hummel was founded on 14 July 1767 by Baron Caneau de Beauregard. It was a Lutheran colony located 303 versts from Samara.
Hummel was originally part of the Lutheran parish headquartered in Bettinger. In 1820, it became part of the Näb parish.
In 1857, a wooden church was constructed in Hummel. It could seat 400 worshipers.
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 350.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists. Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies (Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869): 2:13; 4:52-53.
- List of the Populated Places of the Samara Province (Samara, Russia, 1910): 292.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 613.
- Preliminary Totals of the All-Union Population Census of 1926 for the Volga German ASSR (Pokrovsk, Russia, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
- Censuses: 1798, 1857
Brockhausen (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 23 April 2013.