Alexandrovka, Alexandrowka, Bohn, Bonn, Hockerberg
51º45' N 45º24' E
Hockerberg, a Lutheran colony, was founded on 15 August 1767 by Baron Caneau de Beauregard.
Hockerberg was originally part of the Lutheran parish headquartered in Bettinger. In 1820, it became part of the Näb parish.
A church building was constructed of wood in Hockerberg in 1858. It could seat 800 worshipers.
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 348.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 613.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
Hockerberg (Wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 23 May 2013.