Graf, Krutoyarovka, Krutojarowka, Krutojarovka
51º29' N 46º40' E
Graf was founded as a Roman Catholic colony on 10 June 1766 by LeRoy & Pictet.
An independent parish with a resident priest was established in Graf in 1883. A new church was constructed in Graf in 1886. It, like many others among the Volga German colonies, was built of wood in the Kontor Style.
The parish in Graf is known to have been served by the following priests:
**Of which 316 households were German.
***Of whom 1,241 were German (242 households: 571 male & 670 female).
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 349.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- The German Settlements in the USSR before 1941 [in Russian] (Moscow, 2002): 100.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 59-71.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen - Katholischer Teil (Stuttgart: Selbstverlag Joseph Schnurr, 1972): 127.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
- Graf (Krutoyarovka), Russia (Kevin Rupp)
- History of Graf, Russia (Sean McGinnis)
- Konstantine Wasinger and Josefina Wasinger (FEEFHS)
Last updated 7 April 2013.