51º39' N 46º33' E
Enders was founded as a Lutheran colony on 27 July 1765 by the Government.
Originally the congregation in Enders was part of the Rosenheim parish which had been established in 1767.
The first church building was constructed in Enders in 1822. In 1860 a new building was constructed, also of wood.
The congregation in Enders was served by the following pastors:
**Of whom 1,197 (546 male & 651 female) were German living in 237 households.
***Of whom 1,440 were German.
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 349.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Klaus, A. Our Colony [in Russian] (St. Petersburg, 1869): II:14; IV:56-57.
- List of Populated Areas of the Samara Province [in Russian] (Samara, 1910): 325.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 612.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 381-393.
- Pleve, Igor R. The German Colonies on the Volga: The Second Half of the Eighteenth Century, translated by Richard Rye (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2001): 318.
- Preliminary Results of the All-Union Census of 1926 and ASSR Volga Germans (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.
Censuses: 1767, 1798, 1834, 1850, 1857
Last updated 6 April 2013.