46º37' N 51º40' E
Cäsarsfeld was founded as a Roman Catholic colony on 3 August 1767 by Baron Beauregard. Historian Jacob Dietz reports that the colony was named after Beauregard's commissar Cesar. It was destroyed by the Kirghiz in 1774 (1788 reported by some sources is incorrect) and abandoned, its surviving inhabitants resettled to other colonies.
- Beratz, Gottieb. The German colonies on the Lower Volga, their origin and early development: a memorial for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the first German settlers on the Volga, 29 June 1764. Translated by Adam Giesinger (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1991): 64, 348.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005): 67, 92-94.
- Orlov, Gregorii. Report of Conditions of Settlements on the Volga to Catherine II, 14 February 1769.
- Pallas, P.S. Reise durch verschiedene Provinzen des Russischen Reichs. Theil 3,2, Reise aus Sibirien zurueck an die Wolga im 1773sten Jahr (St. Petersburg: Kaiserl. Academie der Wissenschaften, 1776): 614.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 243-247.
Last updated 31 March 2013.