51°04'42" N 46°29'55" E
Lysanderhöh was founded by Mennonite colonists from West Prussia in 1864 [some sources cite 1862]. The colony was named in honor of the Chief Administrator of the Kontora (Office of Immigrant Oversight), Herr Lysander. Lysanderhöh was one of a group of Mennonite Colonies known as the Am Trakt Settlement. In 1881, some of the settlers joined Pastor Claus Epp Jr. and his group and moved to Turkestan.
Today this village is called Kalinino.
Coming soon . . .
- Bartsch, Franz. Unser Auszug nach Mittelasien. Halbstadt: Druck und Verlag von H.J. Braun, 1907. (Online)
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005): 402.
- Dyck, Johannes J. Am Trakt: A Mennonite Settlement in the Central Volga Region. Winnipeg, MB: CMBC Publications, 1995.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies. Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869 (Appendix II, p.17).
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- List of the Populated Places of the Samara Province (Samara: 1910): 334.
- Preliminary Totals of the All-Union Population Census of 1926 for the Volga German ASSR (Pokrovsk: 1927): pp.28-83.
- Lysanderhöhe (Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online)
Last updated 8 April 2013.