Lugovskaya, Lugovskoi, Lugovskoye, Wiesenmüller
50°37' N 46°28' E
Wiesenmüller was founded 27 November 1857 by 7 families who were resettling from the colony of Balzer. On 10 December 1857, those first settlers were joined by 32 families from the villages of Franzosen, Moor, and Grimm. On 23 January 1858, an additional 75 families from Galka, Shcherbakovka, Stephan, Müller, Schwab, and Holstein arrived.
After the 1941 Deportation, the village became known by the name Lugovskoi.
There was a Lutheran church in Wiesenmüller.
Preacher Alexander Döll served as a lay preacher for 12 years in Wiesenmüller.
**Of whom 2,890 (1,373 male & 1,517 female) were German living in 521 households.
***Of whom 3,370 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
- Wiesenmüller (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
- Wiesenmuller (Sue Kottwitz)
- Wiesenmüller Verwandtschafen (Betty Ashley)
Last updated 8 April 2013.