50º48'00" N 46º05'15" E
Neu-Warenburg was founded in 1902 on the left bank of the Volga River, 75 kilometers south of Engels, just north of Seelmann.
The construction of the Volgograd Hydroelectric Power Station in 1961 created the Volga Reservior. As a result, Neu-Warenburg is now on the bluff directly above the Volga River. The main road was relocated to the east side of the village.
Neu-Warenburg was founded as a Lutheran colony.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 313.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
Last updated 23 April 2014.