Neu-Walter, Sverdlovo, Walter-Chutor, Walter-Khutor
51º15' N 44º34' E
The village of Walter-Khutor was founded by colonists from Walter who were seeking additional land to farm. This daughter colony still exists and is now larger than its parent colony in size and population. There are several hundred homes.
Walter-Khutor was located outside of the boundary of the Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic of the Volga Germans.
There was a Bethaus (prayer house) located in Walter Khutor. The building is still standing and was restored in 1992 as the community center, dance hall, and library.
Coming soon . . .
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
Last updated 14 May 2013.