Bobrovka, Neu-Ober-Monjou, Novokrivovka
51°17' N 47°01' E
Neu-Ober-Monjou was a Catholic daughter colony founded in 1859 in Samara Province, Kanton Mariental. Neu-Ober-Munjou was established to provide additional farmland for families from the colonies of Ober- Monjou, Katharinenstadt, and Beauregard. The colony's name was taken from Ober-Monjou, the original colony from which came the largest number of resettlers.
The colony had both a Catholic church and a school as of 1910. The congregation was named in honor of St. Anthony. The congregation in Neu-Ober-Monjou belonged to the headquarters parish of Liebental where the priest was resident.
Coming soon . . .
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 313.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.
1862 Census of Neu-Ober-Monjou
- Neu-Obermonjou (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
- Neu-Obermunjou, Russia (Kevin Rupp)
- Descendants of Leonhard Unrein
Last updated 7 April 2013.