50º20' N 45º21' E
Neu-Norka was officially founded in 1852 although there had been colonists living there as early as 1847. All of the original settlers were from the colony of Norka.
In 1877, 2 families left for America, and in 1886 an additional 5 families were issued passports to emigrate.
The Lutheran congregation in Neu-Norka belonged to the parish of Rosenberg. A prayerhouse (Bethaus) was built there in 1890.
Coming soon . . .
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 311.
- Mink, A.N. Historical and Geographical Dictionary of the Saratov Province [in Russian] (Saratov, Russia, 1898): 691-694. (Online)
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 18.
Neu-Norka (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 14 November 2014.