Neu-Balzer, Neu-Panzir, Novo-Panzir, Perevozinka
50°58' N 44°56' E
Neu-Balzer was officially founded on the left bank of the Perevozinka River in 1863 as a Reformed colony, however there were colonists living there as early as 1850. The original colonists were resettling from the colony of Balzer. It was located 97 kilometers southwest of Saratov.
Neu-Balzer no longer exists.
The Reformed congregation in Neu-Balzer was part of the Dietel parish.
- Ananyan, Elena. "History of German Colony Neu Bauer from Beginning until Today." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia 37:2 (Summer 2014): 24-30.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 311.
- Mink, A.N. Historical and Geographical Dictionary of the Saratov Province [in Russian] (Saratov, Russia, 1898): 742-744.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
Surnames in Neu-Balzer
Families with the following surnames are known to have lived in Neu-Balzer:
Last updated 7 July 2014.