Morgentau, Suetinovka, Sujetino, Suyetino
51°26'00" N 47°57'40"E
Morgentau, founded in 1850 on private land, was a khutor (farmstead) located on the Mius River 32 kilometers northeast of Fedorovka. The original settlers came from Zürich.
Following the 1941 Deportation, the name of the village was changed to Suetinovka [alternate spellings including Sujetino, Suyetino].
The original settlers of Morgentau were Lutheran.
**Of whom 465 were German (85 households: 222 male & 243 female).
***Of whom 524 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Map of the Collectives of the Volga German Republic (1938).
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
Last updated 7 April 2013.