Chumak, Kislovodskaya, Morgentau, Morgenthau, Nesterovka, Tshumak
50°20' N 46°38' E
Morgentau was founded in 1859 on the banks of the Belaya Kuba River 19 kilometers west of Gmelinskaya by Lutheran colonists resettling from Galka, Shcherbakovka, Kraft, Stephan, Schwab, and Holstein.
The Morgentau congregation founded in 1863 was an administrative Lutheran parish for the surrounding colonies.
The congregation in Morgentau was served by the following pastors:
**Of whom 1,577 (748 male and 829 female) were German living in 333 households.
***Of whom 1,927 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen – Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: AER Verlag Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, 1978): 197.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.
Morgentau (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russia.
Re-Settlers List for the Village of Morgentau (Jeruslan Nachrichten)
Last updated 13 March 2013.