Marienfeld, Novonikolayevka, Spatzenchutor
50°12' N 45°06' E
Marienfeld was founded in 1852 as a Roman Catholic colony.
Marienfeld was founded as a Roman Catholic colony. Saint Rochus Catholic Church was constructed in Marienfeld.
The following priests served the Catholic parish in Marienfeld:
**Of which 336 households were German.
***Of whom 2,252 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 311.
- Mink, A.N. Historical and Geographical Dictionary of the Saratov Province [in Russian] (Saratov, Russia, 1898): 606-609.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das Religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen, Katholischer Teil (Stuttgart: Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland, 1980): 245.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 18.
Last updated 6 April 2013.