50°46' N 46°25' E
Besuk, Beziok, Bisiuk, Bizyuk, Krestovskiy, Marienberg, Peschanoye
Marienberg was a Roman Catholic daughter colony founded in 1855 by colonists from Rothammel, Sewald, Husaren, Semenovka, Schuck, Kamenka, and Degott. It was located 505 versts from Samara and 3 versts from Streckerau. It was 42 versts to the nearest railway stop in Krasnyi Kut.
Immigration began in 1876 and from 1876-1878, 79 colonists left for America.
Marienberg was a Roman Catholic daughter colony. It belonged to the parish headquartered in Streckerau until 1903 when it became an independent parish with a resident priest. The church was built in Marienberg in 1877.
**Of whom 1,882 (906 male & 976 female) were German living in 387 households.
***Of whom 2,059 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005): 241.
- Klaus, A. Our Colony [in Russian] (St. Petersburg, 1869).
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.
Last updated 8 April 2013.