Konstantinovka, Konstantinowka, Kopenka, Kottschetnoje, Schilling
50°59'30" N 47°04'50" E
Konstantinovka was founded in 1859 by Lutheran colonists from Schilling, Jost, Merkel, Dönhof, Kutter, and Moor.
Konstantinovia is located along the Yeruslan River, directly across the river from Logniovka, 9 kilometers from Krasny-Kut.
**Of which 145 households were German.
***Of whom 937 (439 male & 498 female) were German living in 183 households.
****Of whom 1,000 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005): 220.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies. Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869. [in Russian]
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Map of the collectives of the Volga German Republic (1938).
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
LDS International Film #2379339 lists (in Russian) colonists resettling from Dönhof, Jost, Merkel, Moor, and Schilling to Konstantinovka.
Last updated 7 April 2013.