Katharinental, Katharinenthal, Yamskaya
50°58'20" N 47°14'20" E
Katharinental is a Lutheran daughter colony founded in 1860 by colonists resettling from Neu-Straub. It is 18 kilometers east-northeast of Krasny-Kut.
Katharinental is currently known as Yamskaya.
**Of whom 845 were German (174 households: 404 male & 441 female).
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
Last updated 7 April 2013.