Kana, Kaneau, Kano, Kubanskaya, Kubanskoye, Neu-Kano, Novo-Kano
50º25' N 46º37' E
Kana was founded in 1860 by Lutheran colonists from Shcherbakovka, Schwab, Dreispitz, Holstein, Dobrinka, and Moor.
In March 1930, there was a mass action against those identified as kulaks (wealthy) in Kana. Following the 1941 Deportation, Kana was permitted to keep its name.
The congregation in Kana belonged to the Lutheran parish headquartered in Gnadentau.
Coming soon . . .
**Of whom 1,066 (511 male & 555 female) were German living in 188 households.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
Last updated 8 April 2013.