Grintal, Grüntal, Lugovoye
50º49'00" N 46º06'55" E
Grüntal was a German village founded on the left bank of the Volga River, 75 kilometers south of Engels, between Hölzel and Neu-Warenburg.
When the Volgograd (formerly Stalingrad) Hydroelectric Power Station was completed in 1961, the colony of Grüntal was covered by the waters of the resulting Volga Reservoir. The map shows where it used to be.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
Last updated 23 April 2014.