Florskaya, Florskoye, Gnadenflur, Pervomaiskoye, Pervomayskoye
51°28' N 47°37' E
Gnadenflur was founded in 1850 as a Lutheran colony on the left bank of the Bolshoye Karaman River 150 kilometers east of Engels and 15 kilometers north of Fedorovka.
During the 1921 Famine, 15-20% of the population of Gnadenflur perished.
Following the 28 August 1941 Decree, the inhabitants of Gnadenflur were deported on 8 September 1941 to the village of Shmakov, Zalesovsky District, in the Altai Region.
The Lutheran parish in Gnadenflur was established on 5 October 1861. It was the headquarters parish, and thus the pastor's residence, for neighboring parishes.
The parish headquartered in Gnadenflur was served by the following pastors:
**Of whom 986 were German living in 207 households (475 male & 511 female).
***Of whom 1,770 were German.
- Amburger, Erik. Die Pastoren der evangelischen Kirchen Rußlands (Lüneburg, Germany: Institut Nordostdeutsches Kulturwerk, 1998): 143.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Russian Settlements in the Years 1917-1941 [in Russian] (wolgadeutsche.net)
- Schnurr, Joseph, Die Kirchen und das Religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen - Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland, 1972): 197.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
Last updated 7 April 2013.