Blagodatnoye, Gnadendorf, Nachoi, Nakhoi
51°13'30" N 46°47'00"E
Gnadendorf was founded in 1859 as a Lutheran colony. In 1909, 219 people resettled to Siberia. In 1910, Gnadendorf had a Lutheran church, a school, a brick plant, and three wind mills.
Because of their close geographical proximity to one another, Gnadendorf and Rosenfeld were merged into one governmental unit during the Soviet era.
Gnadendorf was part of the Lutheran parish of Weizenfeld where the pastor also lived.
Coming soon . . .
**Of which 254 households were German.
***Of whom 1,446 (720 male & 726 female) were German living in 265 households.
****Of whom 1,936 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Herdt, Karl. Die Namengebung zweier Woldadeutscher Dörfer, Alexanderdorf und Höh (Alexander-Höh): am Nachoistrom gelegen sowie Episoden aus dem damaligen Bauernleben und Skizzen aus der Steppentierwelt (Espelkamp: K. Herdt, 1983): 14.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies. Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- List of the Populated Places of the Samara Province. Samara, Russia, 1910.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 16.
Gnadendorf (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 7 April 2013.