Friedenberg, Gololiy, Kulaliy, Mirnoye
50°34' N 46°26' E
Friedenberg was founded as a Lutheran colony in 1860 on the right bank of the Jeruslan River by colonists resettling from Franzosen, Galka, Kraft, Stephan, Schwab, and Anton.
Following the 1941 Deportation, the village was renamed Mirnoye which means "peaceful."
The congregation in Friedenberg was part of the parish located at Gnadentau where the pastor resides.
Coming soon . . .
**Of whom 1,635 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- List of Populated Areas of the Samara Province [in Russian] (Samara, 1910): 350.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.
Friedenberg (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Partial List of Original Settlers (Jeruslan Nachrichten)
Last updated 8 April 2013.