50°07' N 46°34' E
Frankreich was founded in 1861 by Lutheran colonists resettling from Galka, Shcherbakovka, and Schwab. It is 6 miles northwest of the Russian town of Pallasovka.
The congregation in Frankreich belonged to the parish headquartered in nearby Alt-Weimar.
As part of the parish headquartered in Alt-Weimar, the congregation in Frankreich was served by the following pastors:
**Of which 886 were German households.
***Of whom 1,670 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen – Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: AER Verlag Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, 1978): 198.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 17.
Frankreich (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russia
Last updated 8 April 2013.