Eckeim, Eckheim, Skatovka, Skatowka
50°47'0" N 46°53'89" E
Eckheim was founded in 1855 by Lutheran colonists resettling from Holstein, Müller, Galka, Kraft, Schwab, Dobrinka, Grimm, and Shcherbakovka. It is located 560 versts from Samara and 112 versts from Saratov. It is 13 miles to Friedenfeld, the nearest railroad station. Its name was changed to Skatovka in 1915.
Eckheim was established as an independent parish in 1865.
**Of which 283 households were German.
***Of those, 288 households (1,555 individuals: 746 male & 809 female) were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005): 218.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies (Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869): 16.
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 312.
- List of the Populated Places of the Samara Province (Samara, Russia, 1910): 350.
- Sallet, Richard. Russian-German Settlements in the United States (Fargo, ND: North Dakota Institute for Regional Studies, 1974).
- Preliminary Totals of the All-Union Population Census of 1926 of the ASSR of the Germans of Volga Region (Pokrovsk, Russia, 1927): 28-83.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen – Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: AER Verlag Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, 1978): 197.
- "Settlements in the 1897 Census." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia (Winter, 1990): 18.
Eckheim (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 12 November 2013.