Blumenheim, Krasnaya Zvezda
51°40' N 47°37' E
Blumenheim was founded as a kuhtor (farmstead) on the left bank of the Malyi Kushum River 100 kilometers northeast of Engels. Today the town is called Krasnaya Zvezda (Red Star).
Author L. Maier (b. 1923) was born in Blumenheim.
The Lutheran congregation in Blumenheim was part of the Gnadenflur parish.
**Of whom 478 were German.
***Of whom 25 were German.
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Preliminary Results of the Soviet Census of 1926 on the Volga German Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic (Pokrovsk, 1927): 28-83.
Last updated 31 October 2014.