Alt-Weimar, Alt-Vantzovka, Vorontzovka, Weimar
50º2' N 46º43' E
Alt-Weimar was founded in 1861 by Lutheran colonists from Galka. It is located 499 versts from Samara and 215 versts from Saratov. The inhabitants of Alt-Weimar were resettlers from the colonies of Galka, Stephan, Schwab, Dobrinka, and Moor.
The Lutheran parish in Alt-Weimar was founded in 1876.
The parish headquartered in Alt-Weimar was served by the following pastors:
**Of whom, 205 households were German (1,015 total; 498 male & 517 female).
- Diesendorf, V.F. Die Deutschen Russlands : Siedlungen und Siedlungsgebiete : Lexicon. Moscow, 2006.
- Dietz, Jacob E. History of the Volga German Colonists. Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2005.
- Klaus, A.A. Our Colonies. Saint Petersburg, Russia, 1869 (Appendix II, p.17).
- Koch, Fred C. The Volga Germans: In Russia and the Americas, from 1763 to the Present (University Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 1977): 311.
- List of the Populated Places of the Samara Province (Samara, Russia, 1910): 380.
- Preliminary Totals of the All-Union Population Census of 1926 for the Volga German ASSR (Pokrovsk, Russia, 1927): pp.28-83.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen – Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: AER Verlag Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, 1978): 198.
Alt-Weimar (wolgadeutsche.net) - in Russian
Last updated 8 April 2013.