Aulendiebach, Büdingen, Oberhessen
Discussion & Documentation
Joh. Christophel Gerlach, son of Johannes & Anna Maria Gerlach, was baptized in Aulendiebach on 2 October 1735. He married there on 4 October 1763 to Anna Sybilla Diehl, daughter of Johannes & Wilhelmine Diehl. She was baptized on 7 March 1739 in nearby Wenigs.
They had a daughter, Wilhelmina, who was baptized in Aulendiebach on 26 November 1763. The three of them arrived at the port in Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 along with Christoph's father, Johannes.
Johannes arrived in Balzer on 18 June 1767 and is recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 73 along with a new wife, Anna Cunigunde.
Christoph and his family arrived in Moor on 18 June 1767 and is recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 42 along with a newborn daughter Margaretha (age 1).
- Aulendiebach Parish Records (LDS Film No. 1201847).
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 51.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 93.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 166.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 134.
Coming soon . . .
Last updated 19 September 2010.