Hüttengesas, Isenburg, Hesse
Discussion & Documentation
Conrad Burbach, son of Conrad & Catharina Burbach, was baptized on 20 August 1747 in Hüttengesas. He arrived at the port in Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 along with his widowed sister, Anna Dorothea Schneider, and her children. He is incorrectly listed by Kuhlberg as Anna Dorothea's son on the manifest.
Conrad and his sister and her children arrived in Messer on 14 September 1767 and are listed there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 87.
By 1798, Conrad is deceased and his wife has remarried and moved to Balzer along with all of his children in Household No. 79 (Bz079).
- Hüttengesas Parish Records.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 46.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): 266.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 152.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 376.
- Rohrbach Parish Records (LDS International Film Number 1201847).
Last updated 19 September 2010.