Discussion & Documentation
Ludwig Friedrich Böhringer, son of Johann Friedrich Böhringer & Maria Sara Rau, was born on 17 December 1724 in Feldrennach, which has been part of the municipality of Straubenhardt since 1973. He married Maria Barbara (surname unknown), and they had at least seven children, each born and baptized in Feldrennach: (1) Ludwig Friedrich (born 4 February 1750); (2) Regina Margaretha (born 5 September 1751); (3) Elisabetha (born 22 November 1753); (4) Elisabetha, again (born 26 December 1754); (5) Maria Barbara (born 28 June 1757); (6) Susanna Barbara (born 10 April 1759); and (7) Jakob Friedrich (born 18 December 1760).
The family immigrated to Denmark (now Schleswig-Holstein), departing from Altona, Duchy of Holstein, on 2 June 1761 under the leadership of Johann Peter Hornus. On 6 June 1761 they arrived in the city of Schleswig, Duchy of Schleswig. They settled on 24 July 1761 on the farmstead of Hartenwig in the colony of Prinzenmoor. On 6 March 1764, they attempted to desert the colony, but Friedrich was captured and imprisoned in the fortress at Rendsburg where he died two years later.
Widow Maria Barbara remarried to Johannes Neuwirth. The family then immigrated to Russia, arriving in the colony of Reinwald on 14 July 1767. They are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 32.
Ludwig Friedrich Böhringer Jr. is recorded on the Reinwald 1798 census in Household No. Rw07; his brother Jakob Friedrich is registered there in Household No. Rw40 along with his mother.
- Clausen, Otto. Chronik der Heide- und Moorkolonisation im Herzogtum Schleswig, 1760-1765 (Husum: Husum Druck- und Verlagsgesellschaft, 1981): 809.
- Eichhorn, Alexander; Eichhorn Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen: Steinmeier, 2012): 265, 351, 352 & 680.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999).
- Parish records for Feldrennach - LDS Film No. 1056809.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 38.
Last updated 5 March 2013.