Crespo,
Paraná Departamento,
Entre Ríos Province
Names
San José, Crespo
Location
32°01' S 60°18' W
History
      The colony of San José was founded on 14 April 1888 in the Paraná Departamento (District) in Entre Ríos. It was named after Ignacio Crespo Rodríguez. It was located about 1 kilometer from the railroad station at Crespo. The population (approximately 10,000) is almost entirely descendants of Volga Germans who began arriving in Argentina in 1875.
Sources:
Coming soon . . .
Volga German Congregations
Resources Available
- Baptisms (LDS Film No. 1368508 - online extraction).
External Links
- Crespo (Entre Ríos) (Wikipedia)
- Crespo (Entre Ríos) (Wikipedia) - in Spanish
Last updated on 7 December 2012.

Old map of Crespo, Argentina
Source: Sergio Keiner Klug