El Potrero,
Departamento Gualeguaychú,
Entre Ríos Province
Names
Centella, Colonia El Potrero, El Moro, El Potrero, Las Blancas, Las Coloradas, Selmira, Villa Carlota bei Gualeguaychú
Location
32°53' S 58°20' W
History
      Colonia El Potrero was originally known as Villa Carlota bei Gualeguaychú, located near Gualeguaychú.
Volga German Families
      The following Volga German families are known to have settled in El Potrero:
Auer
Beilman
Bohl from Huck
Damer
Eckerdt from Huck
Heidenreich from Huck
Henscheid
Hornus
Huck from Huck
Koch from Huck
Kroh from Hussenbach
Michel from Huck
Mohr
Preiss
Reichel
Sack from Huck
Scharton
Schneider from Hussenbach
Spomer from Beideck
Volmer
Wagner
Zitterkopf from Huck
Sources:
Leandro Hildt
Fabian Zubia Schultheis.
Volga German Congregation
      The first service in El Potrero was held in a barn belonging to John Koch on 17 July 1913 by itinerant pastor Anton Ohlert. This congregation is now affiliated with the German Evangelical Church in the Rio de La Plata (IERP).
      The first church building was on land donated by the Reichel family and was dedicated on 23 June 1953 by Pastor Riffel. The present building was constructed on land belonging to John Spomer was dedicated on 21 June 1967. It is located on the corner of Calle 1 & 9.
Resources
Coming soon . . .
External Links
Last updated on 19 January 2013.

Map of El Potrero
Source: Leandro Hildt.


IERP Church in El Potrero.
Source: Leandro Hildt.


IERP Church in El Potrero.
Source: Leandro Hildt.


1977 Confirmation Class from the
IERP Church in El Potrero.
Source: Leandro Hildt.