Diamante,
Departamento Diamante,
Entre Ríos Province
Names
Punta Gorda, El Diamante, Diamante
Location
32°04' S 60°38' W
History
      The town of Diamante was founded 27 February 1836. There are many nationalities represented in the city. Over the years, many Volga German families from the rural areas of Entre Ríos moved to Diamante, many settling in nearby Strobel.
      The current rectory was the first church of Diamante, built in 1850. It is named in honor of St. Cyprian. The current building was constructed in 1890 and is dedicated to the Virgen de la Merced.
Volga German Families
      The following Volga German families are known to have lived in the Diamante area:
Michel
Sources:
Elena Vega Stehle
Volga German Congregation
      Coming soon . . .
Resources
Coming soon . . .
External Links
- City of Diamante (official tourism site)
- History of the City of Diamante (Ricardo Brumatti)
- Municipalidad de Diamante
Last updated on 13 November 2013.
Iglesia San Cipriano in Diamante.
Source: Elena Vega Stehle.

The Micle (Michel) Family.
Photo taken in Diamante (1919)
Source: Aldea Marienfeld FB.